Friday, January 6, 2012

Hot Stuff Coming Through!

Well, the holiday season is behind us (for now.) I've spent the last several weeks holed up in my apartment working on various projects; Some for Etsy, and some for myself (I never knit for myself anymore!)

Here are snapshots of some of the food-themed trivets I've been making -

Celery Stalk Trivet Whine Bottle Trivet Sweet Potato Grapes of Wrath Trivet


These trivets are available in my Etsy shop, No Prob Bob.

Using permanent ink, I freehanded my designs onto a 6x6 inch heavy ceramic tile. After that, I finished them with a porcelaine glaze to preserve the image and make it heat resistant. I first started making them with rubber feet on the back, but have since started using natural cork. I like the finish product so much better.

Several of these trivets went to White Rabbit, a local arts consignment and vintage resale store here in Iowa City. They were well received and sold out the week before Christmas. I've replenished the supply, so local shoppers can stop by the shop to check them out (and get a cup of coffee, how awesome is that?)

1 comment:

  1. Love these! Love the one I have! I think the thing about them that is especially great, is that they appeal to cooks of all ages, as my mom and dad think they are fab too :)

    ReplyDelete